Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Funday

Sundays have always been special to me, but especially while living alone in Brazil, I made sure to celebrate them. Now married and a mom, I am working to make sure these quiet, sacred moments still exist. I put together a list of things that have blessed me on Sundays--that "fill up my cup" for the rest of the week, especially while being far from home.
 (getting everyone ready for church)

Since church is in Portuguese, I appreciate some spiritually encouraging words in my first language as well, and so visit these websites (or sign up for e-mails from them)
A missions agency I admire (They put together a magazine called "The Cry." Find the PDF on the site
Caid and I have enjoyed watching the Shaytards and the NiveNulls on their youtube vlogs, funny families that remind us of daily life in the USA.

Some things I have personally found that help me unwind and prepare for a new week are to:
Write a blog (check)
Do extra Bible study early in the morning
Make sure the house is clean Saturday night
Chicken day (so I don't have to cook--we buy chicken, rice and beans from the lady across the street from us every sunday)
Catch up on emails to close friends (I love you guys)
And we try to make sure to call our families on Sunday! Can't forget to check in:).

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment