Sunday, May 10, 2015

First Mother's Day

Ana Sofia is 8 months old already, so I am counted with the momma's today:). Friday night we celebrated Mother's day in Cajueiro Claro, and the women all around me were crying (including the woman who is one week more pregnant than me), while I was smiling. Does this say I just don't know much yet?
At the trash dump community, the kids were coloring pictures for their mom when one girl said that her mom had died, another one said they didn't live with their mom. 
"I am not with my mom right now either--she is far away in the United States," I shared, "But I am making/giving things for some women who have done a lot for me--are there other women who have helped you out?" 

Amazing how God puts us right where we are supposed to be, when we are supposed to be there. We made chocolate roses for the kids to give their mothers/important women in their lives...but they had to practice what they would say before I handed them out.
Some of the older boys asked for roses too, laughing, to which I warned them that if they ate the chocolate themselves, God would know and I would pray it made them sick. So there. They walked off with quite somber faces after that :). 
And then today, my wonderful husband surprised me with this:

Happy Mother's day to all those who "mother" others...it is a full time job! 




No comments:

Post a Comment