Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Living Intentionally

I was given a neat book as a wedding present--it is all about organizing your live and living your best life...and I always love those kinda books. The basic theme in books and information in my life lately has been LIVING INTENTIONALLY. The only downside to this is that it is exhausting. Especially for the TV/cushy/instant gratification life I am a part of.
It can be downright painful to take an honest look at how things are, and how I want it to be, and the steps to get there.
Here are some important questions to regularly evaluate in your life to live intentionally:
1. Who are the people in my life who encourage/uplift me that I should be around regularly?
2. What would my dream job/career be if money/time were no object?
3. What is my dream life? (write out a quick paragraph of what comes to mind)
4. What is my purpose in life?
5. What do I need in my life each day to be fulfilled/satisfied/happy?
6. What are my deepest desires?
7. What are my talents/love to do/make me happy? (hopefully they overlap)

For number 5, this is what I came up with:
1. Laugh: joy and gratitude
2. Love: intimacy and grace
3. Learn: wonder and enthusiasm
4. Live: healthy and active
5. Lend: ministry and giving/receiving

For number 6, it is important to reword your desires into current affirmations. Here are my examples:
1. I, Rachel, am living in intimacy with God and Caid and loved ones
2. I, Rachel, am growing and learning all the time, remembering it all works together for good
3. I, Rachel, am living with wonder and grace, enthusiasm for what is next
4. I, Rachel, am daily making a difference and helping people locally and globally
5. I, Rachel, am loving each person I meet

For number 7, I am keeping a growing list of verbs:
Writing (blogs, books, papers)
Creating (cooking, drawing, curriculum)
Singing
Encouraging
Coordinating (networking, connecting, directing, developing, leading)
Organizing (planning, cleaning)
Teaching (facilitating, inspiring, sharing, learning, counseling)
Assisting (helping, taking initiative)
Enthusiasm
Reading
Relaxing
Exercising (Sports, zumba)
Trying new things (traveling)
Shopping (getting a deal)
Giving
Laughing
Being close with loved ones (listening, deep conversations)
Being in nature/sunshine

Once I identify these things, It gives me a much clearer direction in where I need to head so that I am living life instead of it living me.

No comments:

Post a Comment