Thursday, September 5, 2019

The 8 Keys of Excellence on YouTube

I had the amazing privilege of working for, and being trained by Supercamp, by Quantum Learning. It was the best teacher training I ever received  (and I have a degree in Education), and the best quality learning program I've seen. Their core is the 8 Keys of Excellence, which I have connected with the Fruit of the Spirit (There are 9, but I put kindness and gentleness together). These are 8 principles to live a life of excellence, and keys to success. Since I am teaching (mostly) 5th-8th graders, I also added an element from Supercamp learning (mind mapping, the maze, labels, SLANT, affinity process, above the line, VAK, OTFD and AAMR) which I think are interesting and important:
1.Integrity and Peace with Mind Mapping
2. Failure leads to Success and Joy with the Maze
3. Speak with Good Purpose and Kindness/Gentleness with Labels
4. This is it and Goodness (giving grace) with Slant
5. Commitment and Love with the Affinity process and Love Languages
6. Ownership and Faithfulness with Above the Line
7. Flexibility and Patience with VAK
8. Balance and Self-Control with OTFD and AAMR

I found videos on YouTube for each of these subjects, and I am excited to incorporate them into my classes at the International School! I made a YouTube Playlist, if you would like to be able to use this for your own teaching or knowledge. Just wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment