Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Thousand Choices Strong

Every time we roll to the middle
Every choice to be selfless
Every time you do the dishes
Every time I hold you close

Our love is made up of
A thousand choices strong
I can feel them bind together
And hold us up

My love for you was both
A choice and a chosen
As I stepped into it rationally
But it seized me without reason

The honeymoon ended long ago
But I still feel the sweetness sugar up my day
As you clean out the shower drain
And change that dirty diaper again

Our love is made up of
A thousand choices strong
I feel them bind up
And carry us along

If I lose my way
They are a rope to guide me
If I fall away
They are the net to catch me

And I will live my days with you
Making a thousand choices more
Of love strands that
Tie me to you

--To my husband

1 comment: