Monday, July 27, 2015

Rosebud on the Pulpit


Growing up, whenever someone had a baby, there would be a rosebud on the pulpit at our church. I kept hoping someday it would be my family’s turn. During announcements, or in the bulletin, they would announce who was born to whom. I loved showing up at church and seeing the flower, and wondering “Who is it now?”

It was my proudest moment, when at six years old, I got that rosebud at the end of the service and took it home to my newborn sister. We were famous! No rosebuds at our church here in Brazil, but this Sunday we dedicated Ana Sofía to Jesus, and it was another proud moment.

Pastor Flavio preached on Matthew 6:21 “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” He admonished us to lay our treasures into Christ’s hands, and the picture struck me solidly as exactly what we were doing that morning…putting Ana Sofía into Christ’s hands. Flavio said that God had entrusted us to take of Ana Sofía, and today we were letting everyone know that we would take that responsibility seriously, and train her up in the way of the Lord.

To me, it seems like publicly saying we trust God to take care of Ana Sofía, because we can’t control life…but the little bit we can share, we will share with her, full of the love of God.
(vlog with the dedication service soon to be posted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment