Monday, February 9, 2015

Five Months Pregnant

Four and a half months of weird things happening to my body and when I finally get to the doctor he asks "Any questions?" And I smile and say NO.
What is wrong with me? But really. I don't have any questions. I can't find them in my brain. Why didn't I make a list? Because really, I have been blessed with a fairly decent and normal pregnancy from what I can tell. 
It has been a journey to get to the doctor. After ten years of not having any insurance (except for travel insurance while in Brazil), I am finally covered by Medicaid #pregnancyperk. But free isn't easy. The first month of pregnancy I was oblivious. The second month I was in Brazil. The third month I spent waiting for the paperwork to go through--oh wait--send in more paperwork...the fourth month I waited for an appointment. We showed up at the appointment and they said someone had switched our networks since we made the appointment....joy. So almost 5 months pregnant, and we finally get to see our OBGYN. And we tell him we are moving to Brazil soon. Oh well. 
Today we were able to have an ultrasound. She was so professional, finding all the parts of the baby and showing us how they were normal and healthy ("Here are the four chambers of the heart, here are the two kidneys. Here is the brain--it is a good size...") And, of course, she was able to tell us it was a healthy baby girl:)
We are very excited and immediately went shopping. Do you realize how little those socks are? It has been a great month..thinking about our baby Jam-era-zilian and about being a missionary and upcoming lent.



No comments:

Post a Comment