Sunday, October 27, 2013

Permanently Ever After

He played it cool. But if you saw the video, you would giggle a little. 
I made funny faces and went to my happy place away from the dentist-like drill making marks in my hand.
And they turned out beautiful--I love it, and am so excited about never losing my wedding ring. I am amazed at how many people look at me incredulously saying, "But it is permanent!" To this I wonder what they think marriage is...

Marriage is saying yes. And that is what I need to focus on. Because with trying to finish everything with Living Stones, organize 9 years of being in Brazil coming to a close, being with everyone I love, and a wedding...it often looks more like a lot of "no"s: No--I won't be doing that anymore. No, I don't know those future plans. No, I can't anymore. Marriage is saying yes. 
Countdowns have begun. I go places knowing I probably won't be back for a long time. I hug people and children that I won't have a chance to hug for I-don't-know-when. 
Today I realized another problem: Brazilian culture. Around 500 people have personally told me they were coming to my wedding. So I am planning for 300 (because you ALWAYS tell the bride you are coming--it is polite, and she probably won't notice/remember anyways), and actually, I am sure 100 will come. I fluctuate between being worried that everyone will come and no one will come. I also am realizing that while I am fluent in Portuguese, planning a wedding for 100-500 people in another country is quite an ordeal. Especially only using public transportation. Thank goodness a lot of people love me a lot.:)
Like these people:). So glad to have Jackson here! I have started doing wedding-ish things. Like whitening my teeth. hum. And getting a wedding tattoo. 





No comments:

Post a Comment