Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mid-year Report from the Living Stones Coordinators

Getting married to Caid was the best decision I’ve made since giving my life to Jesus (Youtube: “Caid and Rachel Ferguson’s wedding”). Although, it meant ending the living in Brazil chapter of my life and beginning a new and unknown chapter. My heart trembled that day I left 280 little faces that had touched, and continue to touch, my life. Slowly, one step at a time, God is showing us the plans He has. In March, we were commissioned as missionaries. In October, we will be leading a mission’s trip to Brazil. Next May, Caid graduates from Bible college and we are praying about longer international commitments (Youtube: “Caid and Rachel Ferguson”).


It has been difficult to be away from the precious children of Living Stones. Being removed from the field—planning parties, events, and decision making process has been challenging. But it has been incredible to see the growth (a new program in Belem!) and how God always provides (new leadership at the dump and Guadalajara). It has been amazing to work side-by-side with my husband, raising funds for Brazil and dreaming together, meeting and connecting people from all over, and building relationships with individuals and churches. It is learning to trust God and let go of what I never could control, knowing that He loves these children even more than I do.

1 comment: