Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog:
We are finishing up our time in Connecticut, and squishing in as much time with as many people as possible (except when kid meltdowns interrupt, which happens too). Friday we are heading to Ohio, where we will be for a week, as we share with churches and supporters there. We have had some extra large expenses come up the past month, and with each one, God has been so good, and some amazing people have given special gifts to cover the costs! I've been in missions for 15 years, but I still manage to be sufficiently worried and then surprised when things work out financially (come on, I really should have caught on by now).
We also have some dates for our trip to Illinois in February, and our return date--we are heading back to Brazil May 13. We have lots to fit in the next couple of months!

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Meet me in the Middle: beautifully written (hand raised for a me too!)
2. Ferguson Money Stuff: if you like graphs and want to know about our financial issues in detail, here is that post! Otherwise, ignore it:).
3. Best of 2018 Stuff from Rachel: Best Blogs, Best Vlogs, Best Pictures
4. Goals for 2019: do you do this? I like to choose a year "word" and verse (well, verse yet to come), and normally just tweek my goals from the year before, adding a little to try to get out of my comfort zone. I would love to see your system!
5. Really Jerry Falwell? In my experience in missions, it has (almost) never been the rich who I've seen supply and reach out to needs--but rather those who are financially about one more rung up the ladder than me, or those they are helping. Countless times I have been moved to tears by the poor Brazilians who have sacrificially given to even poorer Brazilians and made a difference. 
6. Fight, Flight, Freeze: such an important conversation I'd never really heard about before! YES!
7. I'm not breaking my kids: a good read
8. The Myth of Calling: a lot of really important points made here

No comments:

Post a Comment