Sunday, December 4, 2016

Returning Well

Or, still trying to return well.

We were only 40 minutes late to leave (sorry to make you wait Jeff!), and the apartment wasn't as clean as I'd wanted it, but the refrigerator was empty and cleaned and all of our stuff stored in a room off to the side. On the plus side, we filmed a bit of our "leaving thoughts" and will make a vlog of it soon. Our rent is paid and our neighbors know we are gone and are ready to welcome our friends who will come. And we did the leaving pretty well.

Our first flight, before the plane took off, Ana did her mean screams and Caid and I sat there. Do you cover her mouth to muffle it a bit, or does that just make it last longer? In those minutes, I was sure this trip would kill me. We made eye contact with NO ONE on the plane. But it passed and she was fine and the next two flights she slept most of the time, with only quiet sobs of "where am I?" in between. 20 hours later, we arrived (and our wonderful friends took pictures).
After arriving, all we managed to do was eat, shower, and sleep. Amazing how much goes into all of that! Saturday we got to go to the annual Christmas Missions Bazaar at our home church, Horizon Central, and I got to share. It was such a blessing, but I always forget that I am extra emotional when jet lagged. I shouldn't share much the first couple weeks getting home. But it went well until the end, when I talk about hope, and hope is just such a big, overwhelming wonderful thing that I ended a little quickly before the tears blurred up everything. 
Sunday we got to hang out with the cool kids of Shelbyville Community church.We can only manage one event a day, at least until we unpack, which is a huge pile of everything in a room I dread to enter. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will figure out next week. 
We are happy to be home in the USA, and hope to start scheduling times to meet up with so many amazing friends in this lovely holiday season! We will be in Indy until December 26, and then in Ohio and Connecticut December 27 to January 23. After that we will see what is after that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment