Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Optimistic

After nine years of living here and there, I'm thoroughly confused. You know you've learned another language when you talk it in your sleep. when you never know which languages your silent prayers to God will be in. When the 6pm Ave Marias become normal and you miss them when they aren't there.
But one thing I know, and it is that it isn't a place, it is about a people. And it isn't about a people, it is about a God. And as I follow Him with abandon, He leads me to the people, whatever place that may be. And this is what guides my life.

Now I've met a person and I am joining his journey, because it is the same center as mine: God. And the places may be different, and the people may be different, but it is the same course.
And this whole two becoming one thing is scary and requires more trust than anything I've ever done before. More investment than any other decision (other than giving my life away to God). And all this, without any vision of the future--of all the millions of situations that will come up and change the game entirely. Love makes powerful optimists.

No comments:

Post a Comment